Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This past weekend.

My first weekend off in over a month and I spent it catching up with all my good friends.

Friday 9/5 - Ken rolled through my pad and we met up with Chris at Crabby's on Main St. Huntington Beach for dinner and drinks. One of the Chris' patients is the bar manager at Crabby's so we decided to check it out. (BTW - Chris is also my dentist) I had the surf & turf and its pretty damn good. The steak was the cook just right and the snow crab legs are the bomb. I highly recommend this spot. The only low point was our waitress who was totally high and made us repeat our food and drink order like three times. Lucky for her, she was hot and has a nice ass so her tip was not compromised. After dinner, we walked over to CeFiore for some Italian yogurt. Loved their fat free acaiberry yogurt. We then headed back to my place for some Madden '09 action. Chris and I had the closest game of the night where I had to put together a drive resulting in a touchdown to tie the game up with two minutes left in the game. (Play action TE option was the play I used to tie the game) I won the coin toss in overtime and chose to receive the ball first. I was so pumped up from my comeback that I threw an interception on the first play and Chris ran it in for a 80 yard game winning TD. That was the end of that.

Saturday 9/6 - I went over to Stef and Jose's to watch the UFC fight. I was a pretty boring pay per view but the knock out of Chuck Liddell made it all worth while. Its probably one of the best knockout in UFC history. It was so good that Telly and Amanda had to come over after having dinner with Lindo and Suehyun to watch the fight on DVR. Props to Rashard Evans and now he and Forrest Griffin will face each other on new year's eve for the light heavyweight title.

Sunday 9/7 - Most of the day was spent in front of the TV watching the opening week of the NFL. They actually televised the Tampa Bay Buccaneers game but too back my Bucs lost. I was bummed out after that. I was also getting my ass handed to me in fantasy football so that did not make it any better. Later that evening Stef, Jose and me headed to Steve's house in Redondo Beach for a BBQ and some Rock Band. You have not experienced Rock Band until you play the drums on expert mode to "Run to the hills" by Iron Maiden, trust me! It was a perfect end to my first weekend off in while spending it with good friends having fun. 

Jose, Natalee, Stephan, Steve, Stef, Georgina, Ian and Dennis rocking out.

1 comment:

KTL said...

Haha...it was awesome chiilin at Crabbys (itch, scratch n' sniff). Chris and I shared Crabby's Clam Bake (sounds ultra gay). Crawfish was such a disappointment that I finished Kelvin's steak. I have to admit our Baked Waitress did have a nice ass. I would inflate it a lil more, give it a little cliffhanger to grab on. LOL. Anywayz, this is supose to be a comment, not a post....haha