Thursday, September 11, 2008

Freezing cold in San Francisco

Today was spent setting up for this weekend's Formula Drift race in Sonoma. Later that evening, Stephan, Shawn and Carlos from Team Rockstar/AEM stopped by my hotel and we carpooled into the city for dinner. We decided to go sight seeing around the fisherman wharf area and ended up in Pier 39. It was freezing cold down there and Carlos forgot his jacket and had to buy a $20 Alcatraz hoodie. LOL.  I recommended eating at Pier Market Seafood Restaurant because I remembered that they had really good clam chowder from the last time I had dinner there with Calvin Wan. We all had the swordfish and tuna special with our clam chowder and it was pretty good. Later on, Al Lagara and two of his other friends came and joined us for dinner. Throughout dinner, Shawn was tripping on the sea lions chillin' on the pier like he never seen a sea lion before.

After dinner, we drove around the city some more to find some landmarks that Shawn had to see for himself. We then ended up at a urban clothing boutique, Fatlace (www.fatlace.com) where Formula Drift was throwing a release party. We socialized with the peeps there for a bit and watched Ross Petty do wheelies on a borrowed fixed gear bike up and down the street in front of the store. I'm glad he did not eat it because he would be in some shit with Nick from Falken Tire since he has to qualify tomorrow for the race. We did not stay too long and decided to head back to the hotel to get some rest for qualifying day tomorrow. Plus, Stephan was sick and we don't want him coughing in his helmet all day tomorrow.


Picture of the Golden Gate Bridge on the way into the city. Love the cloud cover over the bridge.

What I'm thinking right now:
- Angels clinching the AL West yesterday and K-Rod tying Bobby Thigpen's single season save record at 57 today.
- Who do I need to pick up in my fantasy football league so I won't lose to Ken this week. (I would not hear the end of it if I did)
- Its 9/11 today. Fucking terrorists!
- Tired of hearing Tom Brady being out for the season. Get over it already!

No comments: